- Address Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open until filled
- Discipline Science & Engineering
in the Department of Computer Science (Appointment for 12 months with possibility of extension)[Ref. A/R/1067/09]
Deep-learning based Artificial Intelligence Financial Portfolio Advisory Platform
The appointees will be responsible for all technical aspects of the project including research and development of suitable designs and model solutions for the platform according to the project requirements. Duties include to:
- Design and develop software (web applications, mobile application, UI designs, system and services development);
- Design software and implement reliable, scalable applications in a project team;
- Develop tools/applications for a new business model;
- Develop and maintain website and web applications;
- Perform bug-fixing and software system testing;
- Participate in the project management and system development life cycle; and
- Work closely with project team and clients to ensure requirements are met.
- A Master’s degree/good honours degree in Computer Science or related disciplines and no more than a total of 6 years of service at City University;
- Working experience in Java, PHP, JS, jQuery, CSS, HTML, C++, Linux Shell scripting, and at least 2 years’ hands-on and solid software development experience;
- Being well organized, self-motivated, a team player with good communication skills and ability to meet tight project deadline;
- Strong analytical skills and eager to tackle problems independently; and
- Knowledge of Financial Services, A.I., TensorFlow and Deep Learning technologies would be an advantage.
The appointees will be responsible for software development for post (1), research in data modelling, algorithmic and system development for post (2), and software system design and development for post (3).
Candidates with a PhD and no more than 3 years of experience after the award of a PhD degree may be considered for appointment as Postdoc. Candidates with outstanding performance in research and publication are preferred.
Candidates with a PhD degree plus at least 3 years’ relevant research experience after the award of a PhD degree may be considered for Research Associate.
Salary and Conditions of Service
Salary offered will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits include leave, medical and dental consultations at the campus clinic.
Information and Application
Further information on the posts and the University is available at http://www.cityu.edu.hk, or from the Human Resources Office, City University of Hong Kong, Tat Chee Avenue, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong [Email : [email protected]/Fax : 2788 1154 or 3442 0311].
City University of Hong Kong is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to the principle of diversity. Personal data provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes.
Worldwide recognition ranking #48, and #4 among top 50 universities under age 50 (QS survey 2021); #1 in the World’s Most International Universities (THE survey 2020); #1 in Engineering/Technology/Computer Sciences in Hong Kong (ARWU survey 2016); and #1 Business School in Asia-Pacific region (UT Dallas survey 2019).