- Address 241 Daxue Road, Shantou, Guangdong Province, China USD Month
The Dissolved Organic Matter Program (group of Assoc. Prof. Keke Xiao) is looking for one or two research fellows or postdoctoral researchers to conduct research projects in the field of water, wastewater, sludge and soil samples.
Dissolved organic matter has received considerable attention from many scientists of different disciplines. In environmental samples, the presence of dissolved organic matter may affect the biodegradation efficiency and the complexation ability with heavy metals and pollutants. As with many other areas of research, the progress made in one discipline may be limited by the current techniques, knowledge, or even dogma of another. Hence, Dr. Xiao seeks to understand (1) the characteristics of dissolved organic matter in different environmental samples; (2) current techniques for the determination of dissolved organic matter in environmental samples; (3) the influences of dissolved organic matter on the biochemical process during sludge and or wastewater treatment; (4) the relationship between dissolved organic matter and microbial community as well as soil fertility.
Contract duration: Initially for one year, renewable up to three years
The Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (GTIIT) is the satellite campus of the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology (Technion). Technion is a world-renowned institution located in Haifa (Israel) that is consistently ranked as a top-100 university and is known for its exceptional research and education. The GTIIT is based in Shantou (Guangdong Province, China) and will become a leading science and technology research university in the coming years.
Dissolved organic matter; Proteinaceous components; Humic substances; Sludge; Wastewater; Anaerobic digestion; Sludge dewatering; Soil fertility
- Have obtained a Ph.D. degree in the last 2-4 years or will obtain a Ph.D. degree by Dec 2023;
- PhD degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Agriculture, Biology;
- A passion for research, optimistic, with strong teamwork skills;
- Strong background in chemistry, biology, agriculture, or other related fields;
- Ability to conduct scientific research and write scientific papers independently; have published academic papers in related fields;
- Applicants with research background in dissolved organic matter, humic substances, anaerobic digestion of sludge, and sludge dewatering are preferred.
Please check details and required documents for specific levels:
Post Doctoral researcher (Research Fellow) visiting Researcher
Total annual salary: RMB 200,000-300,000 or more / year (depending on qualifications of the candidate, including government subsidy)
- Housing at GTIIT, China (Rental paid by candidate)
- Kid schooling fee subsidized or qualified kids can enroll in GTIIT AIS
- Annual health check
- Professional conference travel allowance
- Professional assistance offered to apply for Talent fund and Research fund
- Qualified candidate may receive additional subsidies (subject to approval of the provincial government)
- Work life balance
- World class faculty team mentoring
- Advanced lab equipment and devices
Dr. Keke Xiao is an Alexander von Humboldt Scholar and an Associate Professor, independent PI in the Environmental Science and Engineering Program, Guangdong Technion-Israel Institute of Technology. Dr. Xiao completed PhD in 2016 at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. She then carried out research across multiple countries and institutions including Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (Germany), Tsinghua University (China) and Huazhong University of Science and Technology (China). She joined GTIIT in June 2023. Her research interests include wastewater and sludge treatment and disposal.
In the field of wastewater and sludge treatment, Dr. Keke Xiao has published > 110 peer-reviewed scientific papers in flagship journals like Environmental Science & Technology, Water Research, Chemical Engineering Journal, Environment International, ACS ES&T Engineering and ACS ES&T Water in the last five years, with an h index of 34 and citation times of 3741 (as of Jun 2023). Five of the journal publications are highly cited in Water Research and Science of the Total Environment. She holds several Singapore and China patents. She was selected as World’s Top 2% Scientists 2022, by Mendeley Data. She is a member of IHSS, IWA and ACS. She serves as Editorial Board of Water and guest editor for several journals and was the outstanding peer reviewer for several journals.
Application deadline: Open till filled
Send below required documents electronically to: email@example.com
- Curriculum vitae and one-page personal statements
- Three letters of recommendation (one from the mentor for PhD)
- Transcript and Degree certificates with certified English translation
Should you need more details, please contact Assoc. Prof. Keke Xiao: