- Address 393 Middle Huaxia Road, Pudong, Shanghai
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Dec. 31, 2021
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Majors Wanted Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, or related field
The ShanghaiTech Bio-EM facility has five electron microscopes, including two Talos 120C for negative staining, one Arctica (200kV) and two state-of-the-art Titan Krios (300kV) which are equipped with the most advanced direct electron detectors, phase plate and energy filters. The facility has sophisticated sample preparation equipment, including CLEM, High Pressure Freezing, plunge freezing Vitrobot, Freeze-substitution AFS, Cryo-ultramicrotome, and Plasma cleaning system. The facility has a set of high performance computer clusters for image data storage, processing and reconstruction, and provides services for the Cryo-EM related experiments. The facility is recruiting a scientific director.
Position Number: 1
1. Familiar the research frontier in the Cryo-EM field to investigate the structure and function of biological macromolecules in cells or even in tissues.
2. Guide the facility team to provide the professional and high quality service for users.
3. Develop and optimize methods and protocols for EM sample preparation, data collection and data analysis.’
1. Under 45 years old, with a PhD degree in physics, materials, biology or other related disciplines.
2. A strong background in the field of Cryo-EM, the ability to track the cutting-edge scientific research, and excellent scientific vision and thinking.
3. Influential scientific research achievements with Cryo-EM experiments in life science
Interested applicants should provide the following item (with the subject header: Scientific Director position of the Bio-EM Facility) to [email protected]:
1. Cover Letter describing research experience and career plans;
2. Curriculum Vitae including academic background and work experience;
3. Contact details of three referees, one of which should include most recent supervisor. References will be requested after the initial selection.