- Address 3 Yinlian Road, Pudong, Shanghai, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open Until Filled
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Majors Wanted Climate Change and Countermeasure; Carbon Finance and Carbon Management; Smart Energy and Big Data Renewables; Energy Storage Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage Sustainable Technologies and Waste Resource Utilization etc
- Department/School Website lcc.sjtu.edu.cn
With the aim to address global climate change, the China-UK Low Carbon College of Shanghai Jiao Tong University is looking for specialists in the areas of FINANCE, MANAGEMENT, CARBON CAPTURE AND STORAGE, ENVIRONMENT, ATMOSPHERIC SCIENCE, GEOPHYSICS, ENERGY, etc. Expertise qualified for the application includes but is not limited to:
- Climate Change Solutions
- Carbon Finance and Carbon Management
- Carbon Capture, Utilization and Storage
- Waste Resource Utilization
- Smart Energy and Big Data
- Renewables and Energy Storage
Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) is a world-renowned higher education institution and one of the most prestigious universities in China. It has established itself as a comprehensive, research-oriented, and internationalized university and ranks 50th worldwide (QS 2022).
The China-UK Low Carbon College (LCC) of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, established in May 2017, is a joint initiative in the field of low carbon between Shanghai Jiao Tong University (SJTU) and the University of Edinburgh (UoE), and is the FIRST low carbon college in China. The vision of the College is to build up a talent database of world-leading experts in the low carbon fields, lead fundamental research in low carbon disciplines, and offer executive training and innovation services for governments and enterprises.
LCC has set up FIVE research centers, focusing on carbon finance and carbon management, smart energy and big data, renewables and energy storage, carbon capture, utilization and storage, and sustainable technologies and waste resource utilization. LCC has developed educational and research partnerships with a number of world-leading universities, including the University of Edinburgh, University College London, Imperial College London, University of Warwick, Monash University, etc.
The successful candidate is expected to:
（1）Hold a PhD and professorship in a world-class university or research institution, or have won important domestic/international awards;
（2）Have an outstanding tracking record of research achievements and demonstrate exceptional and proven leadership abilities in conducting cutting-edge, innovative and collaborative research;
（3）Enjoy a high international reputation and academic influence in the relevant fields.
The successful candidate is expected to:
（1）Hold a PhD in related discipline and have at least three-year working experience at a world-leading university or research institution;
（2）Be able to conduct and lead independent and innovative research projects and demonstrate strong academic potential and teaching abilities.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The remuneration package will be highly competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience, including:
- globally competitive salary;
- sufficient research start-up funds;
- housing subsidies;
- health insurance;
- a comprehensive research platform with excellent space and state of research facilities.
- CV (include a publication list)
- Statements of research and teaching
- 5 representative publications (published within 5 years as first author)
- 3 recommendation letters (Applicants for the Professor positions only need to provide information of 3 referees, including name, title, institute, and email address.)
Please specify your target position in the subject of the email and send the above-mentioned documents to [email protected], and indicate where you saw our job advert. Our next round of interviews is expected to take place in MAY 2022. Applications are welcome until the positions are filled.
For more job opportunities at the Low Carbon College, please visit https://lcc.sjtu.edu.cn/En/Data/List/Joinus (EN).
Contact: Ms. Chu
Email: [email protected]