- Address Southern University of Science and Technology, Shenzhen
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Ongoing USD Month
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Majors Wanted Design, Material Engineering etc.
|click to view||click to view|
About School of System Design and Intelligent Manufacturing
The Global Scientist Interdisciplinary Forum at Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is an important conference for outstanding talent recruitment. It aims to provide a platform for academic exchange among scholars at home and abroad, to promote interdisciplinary and academic innovation, and discuss approaches for the development of world-class universities and disciplines. Through the recruitment of world-class talents, we plan to build SUSTech into a high-level research university with unique characteristics.
The School of System Design and Intelligent Manufacturing is a multidisciplinary school in Southern University of Science and Technology with diversified specialties in design, intelligent manufacturing, computer sciences and engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, materials science and engineering, and system management.
Please visit the website at https://sdim.sustech.edu.cn/ for more information about the School.
Post Specification (10 posts)
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (Tenure track) in following areas:
- Design: product design/human-centered and experience design/interactive design/media design/product system design (3 posts);
- Mechanical Engineering: solid-structural mechanics/fluid mechanics/fluid-structure interaction/aerodynamics/computational mechanics/thermodynamics/heat transfer (2 posts);
- Intelligent Manufacturing: control and optimization/robotics/factory automation/cyber-physical systems/distributed systems/autonomous systems (1 post);
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering: MEMS or CMOS sensing/biometric sensing/remote sensing/biomedical imaging/multi-physics/multi-modal sensor simulation/machine vision/computational imaging/sensor fusion/sensor network/ASIC design/mixed signal design (1 post);
- Computer Engineering: computer architecture/communication and information theory/distributed systems/network optimization/machine learning/fog and edge computing/signal processing (1 post);
- Materials Science and Engineering: functional materials/soft materials/conducting polymer sensors/functional magnetic materials/metamaterials (1 post);
- System Management: management science/industrial engineering/operations research/systems and control/optimization/decision science (1 post).
The appointee will be required to:
- conduct lectures, practical sessions and tutorials at postgraduate and undergraduate levels in related disciplines with new engineering education methodology;
- supervise undergraduate and postgraduate students;
- establish a vigorous research programme at the cutting edge of related disciplinary, and engage in other scholarly activities;
- contribute to school and programme administration as well as curriculum development;
- perform any other duties as assigned by the Dean of School or his/her delegates.
(a) have a PhD degree in related disciplines;
(b) have relevant post-qualification experience in teaching and research;
(c) have an excellent publication record in peer-reviewed international journals;
(d) For the posts in Design, the qualifications include:
- (1) applicants should have Master’s or PhD in Design;
- (2) a relevant professional qualification plus extensive industrial experience in product design and development.
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
A highly competitive remuneration package will be offered. Appointment will be on a tenure-track term.
Application Materials and Procedures
1. Application Materials
- 1) Resume
- 2) Recommendation letters(at least 3 letters)
- 3) Representative academic papers (published in recent five years) and academic achievements
- 4) Statement and Plan of Academic research and Teaching(both for applying positions of Teaching and Research Professor; Statement and Plan for Teaching only for applying positions of Teaching Professor)
- 5) Honors and Awards
2. Application Procedure
Please email the application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject of the email, please indicate “International interdisciplinary forum of SUSTech_SDIM_Major_Position Applied”. We will review and send the invitation letters if qualified.
Talent introduction policy of SUSTech
- Talent certification
SUSTech and Shenzhen municipal government provide introduction opportunities for talents of different ages and different academic stages, including: leading talents (chair professors/professors), outstanding young talents (associate professors/assistant professors), and excellent postdoctoral talents.
SUSTech provides excellent research funding support and global competitive salary for outstanding talents, and provides sufficient research development space for scientific research workers.