- Address Nanjing University, Nanjing, China
- Qualification PhD USD Month
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Department/School Website hjxy.nju.edu.cn
Employer: Nanjing University (website)
School of Environmental at Nanjing University is one of the top disciplines ranked by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. It is also one of the national “Double First-Class” disciplines in China. The Earth and Environmental discipline at Nanjing University ranked 1st place among the universities worldwide in the Nature Index 2021. The School consists of three departments, namely, Departments of Environmental Sciences, Environmental Engineering, and Environmental Planning and Management (Nanjing Campus), and Institute for the Environment and Health (Suzhou Campus).
School of Environment has a committed and distinguished faculty team. There are 88 full-time faculty members, including 3 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Engineering, 1 winner of National Outstanding Teaching Master, 17 recipients of the National Special Support Program for High-Level Talents, 25 members of the Young Top Talents Support Plan, and 6 innovative research groups/teams of National Natural Science Foundation of China Innovation Research/ Ministry of Education/Ministry of Science and Technology/Jiangsu Province/Sinopec Association. The school hosts State Key Laboratory of Pollution Control and Resources Reuse, National Engineering Research Center for Organic Pollution Control and Resource, National Experimental Teaching Center of Environmental Science and Engineering, National Virtual Simulation Experimental Teaching Center of Socio-Economic-Environmental System, National Technical Standard Innovation Base, 6 provincial and ministerial research platforms, 14 joint research platforms by the university and local governments, and holds one listed company of Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
- Faculty Positions
We are currently recruiting global talents in various fields of environmental science and engineering. There are vacancies for two (maximum) tenure-track assistant professor and one (maximum) tenure-track associate professors this year.Tenured positions can be negotiated specifically. Applicants working on the following research fields are particularly encouraged to apply:
1) Environmental health risk assessment
2) Ecosystem processes and safety
3) Environmental omics
4) Environmental research methodology and tools
5) Green environmental functional materials
6) Frontier low-carbon technologies
7) Intelligent environmental control system and technologies
1) Abide by the laws and regulations of the People’s Republic of China, and show enthusiasm in teaching and research;
2) Demonstrated academic ethics, integrity, and diligence, have no criminal record and no record for violating academic ethics and morality;
3) Have received a Ph.D. in relevant disciplines, have outstanding performance in research and teaching. We hope the applicants can emerge as influential figures in their fields.;
4) Have the ability to teach basic courses and advanced courses, master good teaching skills, and have good language skills;
5) Have an excellent academic record and excellent academic potential, have a clear career plan.
- To Apply
People can apply for the positions through the following link: https://table.nju.edu.cn/dtable/forms/605f093e-c857-4364-b0f8-0f0882bca35d/ and send the following application package to the contacts listed below:
1) Curriculum vitae including a list of publications;
2) Research achievement and innovative contribution;
3) Brief cover letter describing interests, research plan, and motivation;
4) Three recommendation letters, which must include ones from the doctoral advisor and postdoctoral advisor (if any);
5) Teaching experience (if any).
Benefits package include:
1) Employment equivalent to the staff of government-affiliated institutions;
2) Competitive annual salary (commensurate with qualifications and experience);
3) Start-up Fund;
4) Supervision of doctoral and master students (Qualification will be finally evaluated and approved by Nanjing University);
5) Housing: Provide temporary apartments and housing subsidies. Subsidized apartments (much lower than the market price) will be provided if the applicant hired by the university;
6) Children’s education: The university will help provide top education for the applicant’s children, including the primary and middle schools.
- Application Deadline
Application deadline:June,16, 2023
The application period will be extended appropriately if the number of the applicants for single postition is relatively small.
Results are estimated to be released by the end of December 2022.
- Contact Information
Tel: +86 25 89680567 (Ms. Zhang)
The Official Website of School of Environment, Nanjing University: https://hjxy.nju.edu.cn