- Address China, Chongqing, Nan'an District, Huangjueya, Chongwen Road
- Qualification Bachelors
- Apply Before Open until filled
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Candidates should have the ability to teach a variety of classes, such as listening, speaking and writing, western society and culture, newspaper reading and literature. The normal teaching load is 16 hours per week. In addition to teaching, successful candidates will be expected to prepare lessons’ correct written assignments and have 1.5 office hours per week consulting students who may have questions on their studies. Successful candidates are also expected to help develop the environment of English language learning in the University. Specifically, each teacher will present one English lecture on topic agreed upon by the relevant departments, and participate in English corners once a week for about 10 weeks in each semester. Teachers may also be asked to judge various English contests, i.e. music, writing and speaking, and to tape record questions for examinations.
Requirement on Foreign Teachers on English Courses
1. Has the Bachelor’s or above degrees of English language of literature, translation, linguistic, language teaching or other relative majors, and two years of relative working experience.
2. Aged less than 60 and with a good health condition. Should have no criminal record. Knowledge about Chinese culture is preferred.
3. Give 14-16 periods of lessons a week (45 mins a period) and should not take any part-time job out of Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications (CQUPT).
4. Should respect China’s laws, regulations and policies on religion, moral standards and customs, and shall not conduct any activity incompatible with the status of a foreign expert.
Wages, Benefits and Treatment
1. Monthly salary of a Bachelor, Master and Doctor will start with RMB 6000, 7000 and 8000. There will be another RMB 500 a month if minor child/children under 6 are with the teacher in China.
2. CQUPT will provide teacher with a set of apartment during the term of employment, and teacher may choose either the apartment or the accommodation allowance (RMB 2000 a month).
3. If the contract duration lasts a school year, University will reimburse a round trip international ticket for teacher with a maximum reimbursement of RMB 18000 or payment of RMB 13000. Teacher should pay for the exceeding part on their own. Teacher should provide reimbursement credentials (invoice, e-ticket and boarding card) for reimbursement.
4. University will buy insurance for teacher from Ping An Insurance Company (RMB 2000), and pay for procedures for resident permit (RMB 2000).
5. Teacher enjoys the winter and summer vacations as well as legal holidays in China according to the regulations of CQUPT.
6. CQUPT will provide utility fee of RMB 200 per month and teacher should pay for the exceeding part on their own.