- Address 湖北大学, 武昌区, 湖北省, 中华人民共和国
- Qualification Bachelors
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
About Hubei University
Hubei University, located in Wuhan, capital city of Central China’s Hubei Province, is a key comprehensive university jointly administered by Hubei Provincial Government and China’s Ministry of Education, covering arts, history, philosophy, science, engineering, economics, law, management, education, agriculture and medicine, with the disciplines of Material Science and Chemistry ranking top 1% in the world ESI.
Salary and Benefits
- 8000RMB/month for undergraduate degree; 9000RMB/month for master’s degree; 10000RMB/month for doctorate, 10 months salary in the first year, 11 months in the second year and 12 months in the third year
- Reimbursement of round-trip air ticket to Wuhan not exceeding RMB12,000 within one year contract period with ticket
- Travel allowance of 1000 RMB for one semester
- Purchase of medical insurance during the contract period
- Free two-and-a-half-room apartment on campus
- Native English speaker
- Bachelor degree or above
- Two years of full-time English teaching experience, TEFL/TESOL certificate, or a bachelor’s degree or higher in education, language or teacher training, or a teaching certificate from the host country can exempt the work experience requirement
- Under 60 years of age, physically and mentally healthy, no criminal record
1. The location of Hubei University is really good, with the subway line 7 subway station right in the school. It is very convenient to go anywhere in the city. Nearby is the Xudong shopping district, the Qunxingcheng shopping district, and close to Hanjie, perfectly catering to the needs of girls to buy things!
The campus as a whole is not big. There are no school buses inside the school, and people usually use electric bikes, you can also walk all over the campus in 20 mins. Although it’s not big, it has all the necessary facilities, but there is no swimming pool. If you live in the third phase, it would be convenient to have your own bicycle.
2.i. Convenient transportation, Hubei university convenient transportation needless to say. Within the second ring road, next to the Xudong business district. Backed by Shahu, across the bridge is Hanjie business district. Not far from the neighborhood is the Second Yangtze River Bridge, across the bridge is the Jianghan Road business district.
For the three train stations, Wuhan Railway Station is 40 minutes by public transportation, Hankou Railway Station is 35 minutes, and Wuchang Railway Station is 15 minutes. And all of them are subway, extremely friendly to students with budget.
ii. Student Management, the lights will not go out at night for students, good thing is there is no morning exercise, and it is just so close to anywhere in the city.
iii. Sports facilities, all basketball courts (and volleyball courts) are paved with synthetic rubber, and there are court lights at night, it is very convenient to play sports. (There are also two soccer fields, for this size of the school I think it has been great). The third gym has a lot of table tennis, and the badminton courts are very cheap. The price of badminton is also very cheap, only 1 or 2 RMB per person per hour.
iv. Food and drink, the cheapest cafeteria is in Jia hui yuan, on the first floor. The cheapest cafeteria is on the first floor of Jia hui yuan, where a meal of 6-8 RMB is more than enough. If you want to eat good, the first floor of Feng Hua Yuan and the second and third floors of Tao Li Yuan are very good, as well as the night market of HUBU and the Hou Jie (backstreet), and there are countless takeaways in the neighborhood (Xudong, Hanjie, Crab Point, etc. can be ordered takeaways), which I think is very good at this point. If you want to go out to eat well, as I said earlier, very convenient, for example, Yuan Laoshi, Haidilao, Shu Jiuxiang, fire waterfall pepper and a lot of very good to eat hot pot, are in the walking 30 minutes, a taxi 10 minutes away from the scope of the barbecue stalls, barbecue, stir-fry and so on are countless, too many to list!
v. Library, once the largest and best library among the universities in Hubei, now seems to be after Polytechnic University or which school’s new library. Anyway, the library of the University of Hubei is still quite large, basically always have available seats, there is also air conditioning and hot water, the overall quiet, very suitable for learning.