- Address South China University of Technology, Wushan Road, Tianhe District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China
- Qualification Bachelors
- Apply Before June 30, 2021
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
South China University of Technology
Academy for Overseas Study
Full–Time Foreign English Teacher (1 position)
The Academy for Overseas Study at the South China University of Technology (SCUT) seekstofill1position as a foreign English teacher starting June 2021 for the coming academic year.
- Foreign English Teachers focusing on oral English and academic English.
- Prepare and deliver lessons up to 16 teaching sessions per week (45 minutes each session).
- Other duties may include giving seminars, organizing English Corners, participating in enrollment promotion activities or other tasks upon request. This part of work would not exceed 2 hours a week.
- Native English speaker;
- Bachelor’s Degree or above; two years’ teaching experience or holding TESOL, TESL, or TEFL certificates. Linguistics, literature or education degree holders are preferred.
- Under 55 years of age. Healthy and no criminal record.
- Candidates must abide by the laws and regulations of the People ‘s Republic of China, University rules and regulations and teachers’ professional ethics. Candidates must obtain a work permit and should not violate the rules related.
Salary and Welfare:
The salary is 9,000 CNY per month before tax for Bachelor’s degree holders, 10,500 CNY per month before tax for MA degree holders and 14,000 CNY before tax for Ph.D.
The university offers a fixed housing subsidy (3,500 CNY per month) and visa subsidy (2,000 CNY per year).
Foreign faculty is entitled to claim a proportion of airfare fee (10,000 CNY per year) at the end of their one-year service.
Work is based on university campus. Faculty have access to sport facilities (for a slight fee), inexpensive meals (10-15 CNY) at campus canteens.
Free pick-up service at the airport is provided for new recruiters. Health insurance is also provided.
To apply, please send cover letter, CV, and two references via CUJ online application. This job advertisement is valid from 10 June 2021 to 30 June 2021.
General enquiries: +8620 22236498
University website: https://www.scut.edu.cn/en/