- Address Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China
- Qualification PhD
- Discipline Finance, Management, Economics and Business, Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Literature
- Department/School Website sog.sysu.edu.cn
I. About the School
The School of Government of Sun Yat-sen University consists of the Department of Political Science and the Department of Public Administration, whose origins can be traced back to the Guangdong Academy of Law and Politics founded in 1905. The Department of Political Science and Administrative Science was re-established in 1988 after the restructuring of the faculties in 1952, and the current School of Government was established in 2001 on the basis of the original discipline.
Based on the founding principle of “enhance governance worldwide, improve governance in China”, the school has formed a basic pattern of supporting its long-term development with the two primary disciplines of political science and public administration through platform building and structural adjustment. Among them, public administration is one of the leading disciplines in China, and political science theory is a key discipline in Guangdong Province. The Center for Chinese Public Administration Research of Sun Yat-sen University, which is housed in the school, is a key research base of humanities and social sciences of the Ministry of Education.
The School strives to create an organizational culture of “equal respect and mutual achievement”, and is particularly willing to create opportunities and resources for the growth of young talents, so that independent and mature researchers can interact with each other and grow together in an inclusive and fair academic and administrative atmosphere. The excellent career platform and competitive salary and benefits offered by the university and the school will provide a reliable guarantee for a successful academic career of all faculty members.
Due to the need of professional development, we are recruiting outstanding talents from home and abroad.
The school will provide a highly competitive salary and benefit package, as well as ample funding to support research, publication and academic conferences.
We are eagerly looking forward to your joining us!
II. Basic job requirements
● Abiding by the Constitution and laws of the People’s Republic of China, loyal to the cause of education, and abiding by the rules and regulations of the school;
● Having good professional ethics and rigorous academic style;
● Be familiar with the laws of higher education and understand the situation of higher education at home and abroad;
●Have an international academic vision and ideas to lead the development of the discipline field;
● Be in adequate health condition and be able to work full-time during the appointment period.
III. Positions and specific requirements
1. Tenured or tenure-track faculty
(1) Tenured full professors: with profound academic attainments, significant achievements and contributions recognized at home and abroad in student training or academic research, with significant influence and academic status at home and abroad, with the ability to lead the discipline to compete with top programs worldwide; with outstanding team leadership and organizational coordination ability.
(2) Tenured associate professors: with high levels of academic attainments, innovative achievements and contributions widely recognized at home and abroad in teaching or academic research, with strong influence and academic status at home and abroad, and the ability to maintain the advanced level of the discipline at home and abroad; have the potential to become an independent academic leader in the discipline.
(3) Tenure-track associate professors: have strong scientific research and technological innovation ability; high level achievements in teaching or academic research; noticeable professional influence at home and abroad; potential to become academic leaders or outstanding scholars in the discipline.
(4) Tenure-track assistant professors: with broad academic vision, active innovative thinking and solid research foundation; with high-level professional achievements; with high potential for academic development.
2. Postdoctoral fellows: doctoral degree holders who have obtained their degrees within three years, are familiar with the development of higher education, understand the situation of college education at home and abroad, have an international academic vision, and possess high academic level and strong scientific research ability.
IV. Open positions
Tenured professors and tenured associate professors for the field of the history of Chinese political system and the history of Chinese political thought;
Tenure-track associate professors and tenure-track assistant professors for the field of contemporary Chinese politics and comparative political science.
Tenured professors, tenured associate professors, tenure-track associate professors, and tenure-track assistant professors for the fields of digital governance, emergency management, government regulation, and public policy.
Applicants should possess a doctoral degree in political science, public administration, public policy, or other related disciplines at the time of appointment.
All positions in this recruitment announcement remain open until filled.
V. Required materials for application
1. A detailed curriculum vitae
2. Other materials that can prove the candidate’s academic and teaching ability, such as published academic papers, monographs, course evaluations, award certificates, etc.
Ankui Tan, Dean & Professor
Yiwen Lv, Human Resource Director
Qualification screening will begin immediately and continue until all positions are filled. Short-listed candidates will be invited to visit the Sun Yat-sen University campus in Guangzhou for an interview. If special circumstances prevent the candidate from coming to campus in person, the search committee may also arrange an online interview.