- Qualification Masters
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
Renmin University of China (Suzhou Campus) 2021-2022 Academic Year Foreign English Teachers Wanted
Renmin University of China (Suzhou Campus)plans to recruit 2 foreign English teachers for teaching work. The work location is in Suzhou Campus of Renmin University of China(Dushu Lake Higher Education Town, Suzhou, Jiangsu Province). Details are as follows:
I. Introduction to Suzhou Campus, RUC
Suzhou Campus of Renmin University of China was officially established in September,2012. It is an important part and new growth point of Renmin University’s overall development. It is an experimental base for exploring Sino-foreign cooperation in running colleges and cultivating high-end talents internationally. It is the base for expansion and promotion of the advantageous disciplines of Renmin University.
The Suzhou campus is currently in charge of the administration of International College, Sino-French College and Silk Road College. The International College is committed to cultivating high-level humanities and social science talents with the most international views with the vision of becoming a window of Chinese humanities and social science research to the world. The Sino-French College is committed to cultivating high-end international talents who can achieve cross-cultural communication freely on two cultural platforms of the East and the West with the vision of becoming an international model of cooperation in running colleges. The Silk Road College is committed to cultivating high-end international talents and future elite leaders who adore Chinese culture and deeply understand China’s development path, development model and development experience for countries and regions along the “Belt and Road”.
II. Job Description
1. Teach English listening and speaking courses for undergraduates and graduates every semester. Weekly class hours: 14-16 class hours of teaching in classroom + 2 class hours of extracurricular tutoring (45 minutes/class hour);
2. Fulfill teaching and assessment tasks specified in the syllabus conscientiously;
3. Edit and select some practical supplementary teaching materials relevant to the course;
4. Mark homework and answer students’ related questions;
5. Participate actively in the second-classroom activity of English practice;
6. Comply with the rules and regulations of the Teaching and Research Group.
1. Passionate for higher education, abide by laws and regulations, work rigorously with good professional ethics, communication skills and teamwork spirit;
2. Healthy body and under 55 years old.
3. The mother tongue or first language is English, from countries including Britain, the United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand;
4. Master’s degree or above in English language and literature, teaching English to speakers of other languages or related disciplines such as linguistics, literature etc.;
5. At least 2 years of working experience in teaching English as a foreign language (formal certification materials are required). Those who have CLT, TESOL/EFL certificates are preferred;
6. Current residence in China is preferred.
1. The salary is 1, 2000 yuan/month (before tax), Contract period: one year (12 months, the contract can be renewed);
2. 1,000yuan/month more will be paid (before tax) if you assist the teaching director with arrangement of teaching, assessment or cultural activities;
3. Teaching bonuses of 15,000 -16,000yuan (before tax) according to the teaching evaluation and teaching assessments every academic year;
4. Summer vacation with pay (July and August) for about 8 weeks, winter vacation with pay (January and February) for about 4 weeks;
5. Medical insurance and accident insurance;
6. Reasonable salary increase for renewal according to the assessment results of last term;
7. Visa fee in China (once per person per year);
Interested candidates can send the application materials (resume (including personal photos) + self-recommendation letter + scanned copy of the highest academic certificate + work certificate + recommendation letter + other relevant materials) to [email protected] and the title format of the e-mail is “name +nationality + current residence +Skype account”.
Contact: Ms. Shen
Special tip: the College will only send interview notices to those who pass the preliminary review of resumes.