- Address 600 Dunyu Road Sandun Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, China
- Qualification PhD
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Department/School Website en.westlake.edu.cn
Category: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Yunqi, Hangzhou, CN
Employment Type: Full-time
Introduction of The Lab/ Research Field
The focus of the Chen group is to program biological behaviors by designing de novo proteins and protein circuits that encode information and collectively carry out user-defined computations in test tubes and living cells. Research projects in the lab span from fundamental questions to real-world applications, and can be broadly classified into the following directions:
1. Molecular Computing with Protein Circuits. We design protein-based circuits that programmably and robustly carry out computations both inside and outside of cells, enabling one to predictably control cell functions. Circuit components are proteins designed from scratch using Rosetta, which allows full customization of their functionalities at the single molecule level.
2. Programmable Self-assembly of Proteins. Proteins in nature self-assemble into cages, fibers, sheets, and crystals that are critical to cellular functions. In most cases, the algorithms governing such assemblies are embedded in local interactions between adjacent proteins, allowing complex structures to autonomously arise from simple building blocks. We design information-bearing proteins that programmably assemble into desired shapes, which can provide versatile supramolecular structure motifs to study and alter cellular functions.
Position: Postdoctoral Fellow
1. Have obtained or about to obtain a Ph.D. degree, aged under 35.
2. Highly curious and motivated.
We welcome people with diverse backgrounds, including but not limited to biology, computer science, electrical engineering, physics, materials science, and chemistry. The only requirement is to be curious and motivated.
Compensation and Benefits
The research team offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
How to Apply
To apply, please see https://chenlab.org/page/join-us, and send application materials in English to firstname.lastname@example.org.