- Address 600 Dunyu Road Sandun Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, China
- Qualification PhD
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Department/School Website en.westlake.edu.cn
Category: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Yunqi, Hangzhou, CN
Employment Type: Full-time
1. Introduction about the CenBRAIN Lab
The ‘Cutting-Edge Net of Biomedical Research and Innovation’ (https://cenbrain.westlake.edu.cn) (CenBRAIN) Lab was founded by Mohamad Sawan, Chair Professor, in January 2019 to lead research activities intended to design, implement and validate smart medical devices such as sensors and actuators with focus on understanding and introducing solutions to neurodegenerative diseases. CenBRAIN is closely linked to the Polystim Neurotech Lab of Polytechnique Montreal launched several years earlier by Prof. Sawan.
2. Offered positions (6) and Requirements
P1. Postdoctoral Researcher of analog circuits design (1 vacant)
(1) Familiar with EDA design tools and have experience in analog integrated circuit design;
(2) Completed at least one analog chip design under advanced semiconductor technology;
(3) Highly interested in the design of analog front-end chips for brain-computer interfaces.
P2. Postdoctoral Researcher of wireless link design (1 vacant)
(1) Familiar with EDA design tools and have experience in RF, wireless link or energy harvesting related integrated circuit design;
(2) Completed at least one related chip design under advanced semiconductor technology;
(3) High interest in chip design related to wireless data communication or energy transmission for brain-computer interface.
P3. Postdoctoral Researcher of wearable and implantable closed-loop systems (1 vacant)
(1) Design, implement, characterize and optimize the wearable and implantable electrodes;
(2) Design of protocols and the recording of neural and other physiological signals;
(3) Encode and decode the neural signals, control the brain machine interface and implement the closed-loop system;
(4) Those with experiences in closed-loop system applied on neurodegenerative diseases and vision recovery are preferred.
P4. Postdoctoral Researcher in biosensor (1 vacant)
(1) Familiar with optical or electrochemical biosensors, micro-/nano- photonics devices (such as photonic crystals, optical waveguides, etc.), detection of pathogenic microorganism (such as ELISA, colloidal gold, nucleic acid method, etc.), or wearable biosensors for therapeutic drugs and biomarkers.
(2) Can independently design the project scheme related to biosensor detection (experimental design, implementation, data processing and analysis).
(3) Have a strong interest in in vitro diagnostic technology for environmental & health-related detection applications, or strong interest in wearable sensors for improving precision medicine.
(4) Candidates with scientific research experience in biosensor is preferred.
P5. Postdoctoral Researcher of Biomedical Engineering (1 vacant)
(1) Initiate the projects using EEG, fNIRS, or photoacoustics neuroimaging techniques;
(2) Carry out research projects using neuroimaging techniques, including protocol design, data acquisition, data processing and analysis. Those with the experiences of Brain-Machine Interface and closed-loop neuromodulation are preferred;
(3) Perform photoacoustic imaging on the human body. Those with the experience of building the photoacoustic imaging system are preferred;
(4) Carry out neurodegenerative diseases related projects.
P6. Postdoctoral Researcher of Organ-on-Chip (1 vacant)
(1)Familiar with techniques on microfluidic, micro-/nano-fabrication, microelectrode arrays, 3D bioprinting, organoid culture, single cell analysis and neural signals recording and data analysis;
(2)Able to carry out research projects on organ-on-chips;
(3)Have strong interest in the pathology of neural diseases and the brain functions;
(4)Have published at least 1-2 SCI journal papers in related fields.
• Requirements for above 6 positions:
(1) Age not exceeding 35-year old;
(2) Obtained or is going to obtain the Ph.D. degree;
(3) Have a strong ability of teamwork, and skilled in English communication (oral and writing);
(4) Co-supervise intern and Ph.D. students.
3. Compensation and Benefits
Candidates will receive internationally competitive salary, and other benefits. CenBRAIN in Westlake University provides excellent shared equipment facilities and research support.
4. How to Apply
Please submit your application as a complete package, in one single PDF file, including the following documents:
· English CV
· Research Statement and cover letter
· Other neccessary documents
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com. For excellent applicants, we will co-ordinate the scheduling of interview at a convenient time. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt until the positions are filled.