- Address Xinjiekou Outer Street, Haidian District, Beijing, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before December 2, 2021
- Discipline Art, Law, Political Science, Education, Literature
Beijing Normal University (BNU) grew out of the Education Department of Imperial University of Peking established in 1902, which initiated teacher training in China’s higher education. Over a century, it has now developed into a comprehensive and research-intensive university with its main characteristics of basic disciplines in sciences and humanities, teacher education and educational science.
Faculty of Education (FOE) came into being when BNU decided to elevate her subject of education to a world-class discipline and recreate the landscape of education in China by merging all the education schools and institutes into a single entity. FOE was the first in China to award master’s and doctoral degrees in education, found post-doctoral scientific research stations, and get the authority to award doctoral degrees in education as a first-level discipline. It has been firmly ranked FIRST in the first-level discipline evaluation of the Ministry of Education in China, and ranked 24th in the QS World University Rankings by subject in 2021. As a top-ranking institution in the educational field, FOE plays an influential role in education research and education policy-making in China.
Rooted in FOE, Huiyan International College (HIC) is an interdisciplinary and innovative platform providing comprehensive supports for future international educators. With the vision of ‘becoming a world-class educational college with global influence in talent cultivation, research innovation and educational practice’, the college is committed to exploring the frontiers of international education. In respect of the needs for building a base of excellence in nurturing talents for international education, further enhance the comprehensive strength of education disciplines, we are now recruiting 3 postdoctoral fellows from China and overseas in 2021, high-quality researchers from diverse backgrounds and experiences are cordially welcome to apply.
|ZHU Xudong||Teacher Education, Education History||1|
|LIU Baocun||International and Comparative Education, higher Education||1|
|SU Junyang||Education Policy and Management, Education Evaluation||1|
Qualifications & Requirements
- Applicants are required to have doctoral degree from prestigious universities inChina and overseas, academic excellence and integrity, in good physical and psychological health, and meet the relevant post-doctoral requirements of the Chinese National post-doc committee and Beijing Normal University;
- Applicants shall have distinctive academic background in one of the following fields: Educational Theory, Teacher Education, Educational Policy and Leadership, Comparative Educational, STEM Education, or excellent research experience in other related disciplines;
- A proactive mind to innovate and a strong data analysis and problems-solving ability in research, which is to be undertaken independently;
- Candidates should be able to work full-time during the whole employment period;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and the ability to conduct research work independently;
- High-quality research records and achievements in recent three years.
Prospective applicants are responsible for, including but not limited in, the following tasks to:
- Undertake in-depth research on Teacher Education, Educational Leadership, Educational Policy and Comparative Education with Supervisors accordingly in the field of International Education；
- Design relevant research on international education, and collect data in international schools in China and write research reports；
- Lead and complete the research successfully and publish high-level research papers and disseminate；
- The corresponding research outcomes can be transformed and implemented, including but not limited to: curriculum design, education policy consultation, and social service programs.
Remuneration and Entitlements
- Candidates meeting the requirements will be provided with a range of remuneration and entitlements (including basic salary and allowance, social security packages, Insurance and Housing subsidies, etc.), in accordance with the benchmarks set by BNU and FOE;
- “Liyun” Postdocs will receive a high-standard package such as housing subsidies, etc.
(“Liyun” Postdocs refer to the Excellent full-time graduates with PhDs in the overseas universities which are among the top 100 in comprehensive or disciplinary ranking according to the internationally recognized four rankings of the year, namely the Times Higher Education World University Ranking, QS World University Rankings, the US News & World Report, and Academic Ranking of World Universities.)
- The faculty also provides adequate workplace environment, and first-class platform for international communications.
- It will be considered providing long-term positions in BNU for those with exceptional excellent abilitiesand performances after the post-doc contract.
To apply for this position, please send the following documents to email at: [email protected] (Email subject: HIC Post-Doctoral Fellow Application + Mentor’s Name + Applicant’s name)
- CVin both English and Chinese (including education backgrounds, work experience, and research topics, etc.)
- A personal statement in English, which mainly describes the personal competency and other comprehensive abilities, such as data analysis, writing skills, and network resources with international schools, etc.
- Doctoral thesis and atleast 3 representative academic research results (papers, investigation reports, policy recommendations, works, etc.)
- An English research plan for your future work at BNU.
- Letters of recommendation from two professors in related research fields, at least one from the candidate’s Ph.D. Supervisor.
- Scanned copy of doctoral degree diploma (new graduates may provide relevant supporting materials) and other relevant supporting materials, including certificates, awards, patents, books, etc.
Application deadline: December 2, 2021
Contact person：Hazel TONG
Contact phone number：15642832086
Address：No.19, Xinjiekouwai St, Haidian District, Beijing, 100875, P.R.China
<Please reference the source “ChinaUniversityJobs.com” when submitting your application.>