- Address 600 Dunyu Road Sandun Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, China
- Qualification PhD
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Department/School Website en.westlake.edu.cn
Category: Postdoctoral Fellow
Location: Yungu, Hangzhou, CN
Employment Type: Full-time
Introduction of the Lab / Research Field
About the PI: Dr. Zhejian Ji received his bachelor’s degree from Tsinghua University in 2010. Then he moved to University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center for graduate study, where he work with Dr. Hongtao Yu and studied the mechanism of mitotic spindle checkpoint. In 2017, he started his postdoctoral research with Dr. Tom Rapoport at Harvard Medical School, studying function of a protein machine named Cdc48/p97 in protein degradation pathway. By far, Dr. Ji has published research papers on Science, Molecular Cell, and eLife as the first or co-first author. He has received the Chinese government award for outstanding self-financed students abroad, the Nominata award, and Damon Runyon Postdoctoral Fellowship award.
About the Lab: The AAA-family ATPases are powerful nano-scale molecular machines that can remodel macromolecules, such as proteins and DNA. Their functions range from protein transport, degradation, to complex assembly and disassembly. Our lab employs a combination of biochemistry, structural biology, and cell biology approaches to understand the critical functions of various AAA ATPases in cell. We are particularly interested in understanding the roles of these ATPases in mitotic cell division, cancer, and neurodegenerative diseases. Anyone who is interested in any of these topics is encouraged to apply.
1.Position: Postdoctoral Fellow (2-3)
(1) Qualified candidate should have obtained, or be expected to obtain within a year, a PhD degree in biochemistry, biophysics, cell biology, molecular biology or other related majors.
(2) Qualified candidate should have good trainings on molecular cloning and either protein purification or mammalian cell culture.
(3) Applicants with experience on in-vitro reconstitution, structural biology (crystallography or Cryo-EM), or fluorescence microscopy are preferred.
(1) Candidate should dedicate in science, can independently carry out research projects, and be collaborative in a team.
(2) Candidate should be confident in reading, writing, and communicating in English.
(3) Aged under 35.
Compensation and Benefits
The research team offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience. Applications for relevant projects and programs will be encouraged and supported.
Postdoc(s) selected for China Postdoctoral Science Foundation or Zhejiang Province Selected Funding for Postdoctoral Research Projects will be entitled to further receive a supporting fund of the same amount from the Hangzhou municipal government.
Postdoc(s) who work in Hangzhou on a full-time basis after completing their postdoctoral research will be eligible for applying an allowance of 400,000RMB from the Hangzhou municipal government.
How to Apply
To apply, please send the following documents in English in PDF format to [email protected].
(1) Cover letter, please summarize your past research and trainings, state your long-term career goal, and briefly describe your research interest in our lab.
(2) Curriculum Vitae, please include your education history and a complete list of your publications and awards.
(3) Three reference letters, including one from your PhD mentor; please arrange all letters be directly sent to [email protected].
(4) Any other supportive materials that are relevant.