- Address Xueyuan Avenue, Nanshan, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Dec. 31, 2021
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Department/School Website eee.sustech.edu.cn
- Work with the principle investigators to develop a research program aligning the research directions;
- Manage lab daily operations;
- Elucidate potential livelihood/entrepreneurship development for certain technologies;
- Oversee development of reports, peer-reviewed publications and other written documents within his/her expertise;
- Help secure funding for sustainable research and associated engagement activities;
- Help mentor junior students;
- Develop outreach materials for academic and non-academic audiences.
The Department of Electrical & Electronic Engineering at Southern University of Science and Technology are looking to hire multiple Research Assistant Professors in the area of wireless communications and networks. The researchers will be expected to work with multiple research teams to develop research programs, manage labs, and mentor junior students, etc. We are particularly interested in those who have the following at least one or more expertise: a) 5G and beyond 5G technologies, b) wireless big data, c) energy-aware systems and technologies, d) cloud and edge computing, e) sustainable computing and communications, f) intelligent transportation technologies, etc. This position can be funded for a three-year period initially, with a possibility for extension pending acceptable performance.
The salary for qualified applicants is as the following:
Research assistant professor: up to RMB ￥400,000 per year; Research associate professor: up to RMB ￥500,000 per year; Research professor: up to RMB ￥600,000 per year.
Qualified candidates could also receive a bonus package ranging from 1.6 to 2 million RMB that is distributed over 5 years.
- Cover Letter
Applications must include the following: 1) a cover letter that includes the applicant’s perceived fit with the position; 2) a statement focusing on your research experience and interests relative to this position; 3) a curriculum vitae; and 4) contact information for three or more references.
All the application documents or questions regarding the position may be directed to Dr. Yi Gong via email at email@example.com.
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Disciplinary or interdisciplinary Ph.D.; Doctorate degree in appropriate fields with quantitative methodology;
- Candidates’ expertise in the relevant research fields;
- Evidence of strong research capabilities, such as publications in peer-reviewed journals;
- Excellent English writing and speaking skills;
- Demonstrated interest in collaborative and interdisciplinary research.