- Qualification Bachelors
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
About Tianjin Normal University:
Tianjin Normal University (TNU), founded in 1958, is a key comprehensive university in Tianjin featuring teacher’s education. The main campus covers an area of 3500 mu (about 2.33 square kilometer) and a building area of 840 thousand square meters. The Balitai Campus locates at downtown Tianjin, adjacent to Tianjin Water Park, Tianjin Olympic Center Stadium and scenic area of Tianjin Radio and TV Tower. Both the main campus and Balitai Campus are seated along the metro lines, providing convenient transportation and perfect living and service facilities.
TNU now has 2 faculties, 20 colleges and offers 70 undergraduate programs, 8 First-Level Disciplines for Doctoral Degree Granting, 35 First-Leveling Disciplines for Master’s Degree Granting and 15 professional master programs. TNU is strong in various disciplines, namely, Politics, Marxist theory, Psychology, World history, Education, Chinese language and literature, and Chemistry.
TNU has 23400 full-time undergraduates, 4275 full-time master program students and 371 doctoral students, as well as 2482 overseas students of all levels and types. It has 2343 faculty and staff members. (By June, 2019)
TNU maintains openness in education. It has established cooperative relations with 167 universities, institutions and local governments from 32 countries and districts. Running four Confucius Institutes in Thailand, the UK and Kenya, which has been awarded Model Confucius Institute for several times.
1. Courses: speaking, listening, writing, reading, introduction to native culture, etc;
2. Dissertation instruction; create and correct test papers.
1. Native speaker with bachelor degree or above: 2 years or above language teaching experience; applicants who meet either condition below can be exempted from the requirements on work experience:
- (1) Education, linguistics, and teacher-training major applicants;
- (2) Fresh international graduates from world-renowned universities, key universities in China or universities in Tianjin with bachelor degree or above in education, linguistics or teacher-training majors.
2. Non-native applicants should meet one of the following requirements:
- (1) Having obtained a master degree in linguistics, education or teacher-training;
- (2) Having obtained a master degree or above, with language teacher certificate and more than 2 years of relevant work experience;
- (3) Outstanding fresh graduates from key universities in China (see the list of First-class universities and disciplines of the world issued by the Ministry of Education, PRC) or universities in Tianjin with a language teacher certificate;
- (4) Having studied in native countries and obtained a bachelor degree in linguistics, education or teacher-training major;
- (5) Having studied in native countries and obtained a bachelor degree, with language teaching certificate and more than 2 years of related work experience.
3. Foreign teachers are expected to: be passionate about education; observe laws and regulations; be honest, rigorous and good at communication; with good ethics, professionalism and team spirit;
4. Under the age of 55 (born after January 1, 1965);
5. In good mental and physical health, no criminal record at home or abroad.
1. For long-term foreign teachers, the weekly workload should be no less than 14 teaching hours/week (45 minutes/teaching hour), and basic monthly salary is:
- BA: RMB 8,000 (pre-tax);
- MA & Assistant Professor: RMB 8,500 (pre-tax);
- Ph.D & Associate Professor or above: RMB 9,000 (pre-tax).
2. Social insurance;
3. Business insurance
4. A round-trip international travel expense per academic year
5. Free apartment on-campus or RMB 2,400 accommodation allowance monthly