- Address Guangqiao Road, Bao'an District, Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, China
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open until filled
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Majors Wanted Biology, Chemistry
Postdoctoral Fellowship in Computer Aided Drug Design in Shenzhen, China
One or more positions as a postdoctoral researcher in the computer aided molecular design (CAMD) core in the Pingshan Translational Medicine Center (PTMC). This center is part of the Shenzhen Bay Laboratory, a multi-billion RMB biomedical research initiative in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macau greater bay area. The CAMD supports early stage drug discovery and translational research in the PTMC and is directed by Prof. Olaf Wiest. The successful candidate will work with an interdisciplinary group of scientists in the PTMC and their collaborators in china and the US.
- Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry or a related discipline.
- Documented research experience in several of the following areas is essential: structure-based design, ligand-based design, homology modeling, pharmacophore modeling, QSAR, 3D database mining, molecular dynamics of biomolecular systems, lead identification and optimization.
- Familiarity with common modeling software, such as the Schrodinger Suite, AMBER or similar MD program, Autodock or similar virtual screening program within a UNIX/Linux environment is required
- Some scripting and/or programming experience is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with medicinal chemists, biochemists and biologists are a must
- Ability to work independently and support multiple projects simultaneously
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required, proficiency in Chinese is a desirable.
Proposed Salary And Benefit
- The position is located in Shenzhen, China. Salary will be commensurate with experience but is expected to be in the range of ~300,000 RMB/year plus standard benefits such as health insurance and social security. The initial appointment will be for one year with additional years, including a possibility for conversion to a permanent position, available upon mutual agreement.