- Address Guangzhou Maritime University, Guangzhou, China
- Qualification Bachelors
- Discipline Language, Writing & Culture
Founded in 1964, Guangzhou Maritime University is a public university managed by the Guangzhou Municipal People’s Government and meanwhile the only independent maritime university in South China. The university gains its reputation as a Civilized Campus in Guangdong Province and participates in the characteristic discipline strengthening program in Guangdong’s education plan to strive for first-rate universities, make up for weaknesses and strengthen characteristics of colleges and universities. It has been awarded a provincial pilot institution by the People’s Armed Forces Department of Guangdong Province and the Advanced Institution for Conscription Work in Guangdong Province for six consecutive years; it is a maritime academy recognized by the International Maritime Organization and an important training base for senior talents in the shipping industry in South China, which is known as the cradle of navigators.
Guangzhou Maritime University is located in Guangzhou, an important national center city, covering an area of more than 680,000 square meters. It has two campuses. The Huangpu campus is adjacent to the world-famous Huangpu Military Academy, and the Pazhou campus is located in the Huangpu ancient port, the origin of the Ancient Maritime Silk Road.
- College English Teacher (full-time, not over 55 years old)
- Employment Period: From September, 2022 to September, 2024
- Language Proficiency: Native English speaker from the USA, Canada, U.K., Australia, New Zealand etc.
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree and higher
- Teaching Qualification (TEFL/TESOL/CELTA)
- Teaching Experience: At least two years of English teaching experience or relevant experience in college or university (with reference letter)
- Certificate of non-criminal record
- Good health condition
- Foreign teachers will teach students oral language or professional courses for 8-20 class periods per week, which include classroom teaching, language instruction for campus English Corner and so on. A class is 45 minutes.
- Foreign teachers should follow the laws of China and the regulations of the university.
- Foreign teachers should comply with the management related to teaching and administrative affairs in the university.
Salary and Welfare
GMU will provide a competitive monthly salary for you as follows:
- Monthly Salary (before tax): RMB 10000-14000 yuan per month(base wage) and classes bonus (RMB 100 yuan per class); totally approximately RMB 15000-20000 yuan per month,a negotiable salary according to your educational background, work experience and work performance;
- Other allowance (before tax): RMB 6000 yuan for airfare allowance and RMB1000yuan for travel allowance (paid at the end of the contract) per year; RMB 200 yuan for meal allowance per month.
- GMU will provide free housing for every foreign teacher, an free apartment to live in during the employment.
- GMU will buy accident medical insurance for every foreign teacher.
- Foreign teachers will enjoy all Chinese statutory holidays.