- Address China, Zhejiang, Hangzhou, Xihu, 龙山街云栖小镇石西湖大学
- Qualification PhD
- Apply Before Open until filled
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Majors Wanted Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
Category: Teaching Faculty
Location: Yunqi, Hangzhou, CN
Employment Type: Full-time
Westlake University is seeking full-time, experienced faculty to teach introductory and advanced courses in Computer Science to undergraduates. The appointments are expected to begin in September 2021. All courses at Westlake are taught in English.
Teaching Faculty Positions are open at three distinct ranks: Lecturer, Associate Professor, Professor.
POSITION: UNDERGRADUATE TEACHING FACULTY FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE
– Design and teach courses in Computer Science for science and engineering students, including basic concepts such as algorithms, data structures, and applications
– Organize practical labs and Manage Teaching Assistants
– Develop student’s appreciation and passion for the study of Computer Science
– Maintain office hours, attend meetings, organize, and participate in university related activities
– A PhD or equivalent degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
– Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
– Collegial working style and desire to contribute to the university and campus community
– At least three years’ experience teaching Computer Science or Computer Engineering (in English) at the university level
– Experience teaching classes of various sizes as well as non-native English speakers from various cultural backgrounds
WHAT WE OFFER:
Westlake University offers an internationally competitive salary, an attractive benefits package, and comprehensive insurance coverage. This University provides a unique opportunity to be part of a historic and ambitious effort to transform higher education in China. To realize this ambition, Westlake University gives teaching faculty the flexibility and resources to create an open and vibrant teaching environment, in cooperation with like-minded colleagues from diverse backgrounds.
ABOUT WESTLAKE UNIVERSITY:
Westlake University is an elite research university supported by both philanthropists and the public sector. As the first private research university in modern China, Westlake is pioneering China’s higher education reform. Westlake University strongly values diversity, equality, and inclusion, and welcomes talented people from all backgrounds from around the globe to join our community. Westlake University emphasizes academic freedom, internationality, interdisciplinary engagement, and creativity.
Our location in Hangzhou, a vibrant city with a population of more than 9 million people, is a microcosm of the best China has to offer. Only 48 minutes from Shanghai by high-speed rail, this picturesque capital of the Southern Song Dynasty blends the ultra-modern and the ancient. Hangzhou represents one of the most beautiful cities in China with lush-green hills, terraced tea-fields, sparkling rivers creeks, along with integrated into sub-tropical forests.
– Cover letter
– Curriculum vitae
– Teaching statement describing your teaching philosophy
– Course description and syllabus for a proposed introductory undergraduate course
– A list of at least three professional references with complete contact information
Desirable qualities of applicants include an understanding of undergraduate students’ learning difficulties of the specific subject material along with subject-based curricular issues. Successful applicants will demonstrate their initiative, good judgment, and the ability to work well in a team consisting of other undergraduate teaching faculty. In your application materials, please provide examples of your classroom successes and effective organizational skills.
Please send the above-mentioned application documents in PDF format to: teaching_faculty @westlake.edu.cn
Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Interviews will continue until all positions are filled.
Westlake University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all ethnic backgrounds and from all countries.
Office of Human Resources, Westlake University
Email: [email protected]
Address: 18 Shilongshan Road, Cloud Town, Xihu District, Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province, China