- Address China, Zhejiang, Hangzhou, Xihu, 龙山街云栖小镇石西湖大学
- Qualification Bachelors
- Apply Before Open until filled
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Yunqi, Hangzhou, CN
Employment Type: Full-time
Westlake University is the first of its kind in China. We are a non-profit university specializing in frontier science and technology research and it is our goal to become a truly international and world leading institution. We are a reformer in higher education and are committed to being a bridge connecting hearts and minds in China and the world in the 21st century.
In order to pursue our ambitious mission we need to build a team just as passionate and committed to our goals of reform, innovation and excellence as we are. We are seeking talented and curious minds to join our administration at Westlake University. We welcome people from all walks of life and every background who have relevant experience, a diligent attitude, and who share our vision and want to be part of it.
We are actively seeking international talent to join us across a range of offices within our university. This round of hiring is not for a specific office, we are seeking promising candidates with solid general experience in administration. Candidates who successfully pass the panel interview stage will be assigned to an office based on their experience, interest, and career goals. We want our team members to feel empowered and have opportunities to grow and develop their potential in our community.
Although the operations and functions of each office are unique, general responsibilities include:
1. Assisting in daily office operations, e.g. attending/scheduling meetings, making travel arrangements, organizing events etc;
2. English document drafting, translation (depending on language ability), and/or proofreading;Promote efforts to advance internationalization and a friendly, inclusive campus culture;
3. Serving as liaison between teams and proactively and responsibly taking part in short term cross-departmental projects;
4. Other administrative duties as assigned.
1. Commitment to Westlake University’s mission and values;
2. Full-time bachelor’s degree or higher;
3. Excellent command of English, especially strong oral and written communication skills;
4. Strong communication, planning, and problem-solving skills;
5. Ability to work well independently and as a team member;
6. Enjoy working in a multicultural work environment;
7. Competency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, etc.
1. Mandarin Chinese language skills are useful, but not required;
2. Work experience in an administrative role, especially in an academic setting.
- Submit your cover letter/resume in a single attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Our search committee will review all applications in a timely manner. This may take several weeks per round.
- Qualified applicants we will contacted for a 30 minute phone interview, and writing test.
- Successful applicants will be invited to have a campus tour and a panel interview. Applicants will have a chance to meet with university leadership and discuss the role.
- Applicants will be notified as soon as a decision is made. Offers are made verbally and then followed up in writing. If the applicant accepts the offer, the next stage of the hiring process will begin.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment background check. Upon acceptance of an offer, our designated background check vendor will contact you to collect relevant information. Background checks review employment history, previous credit information, and any criminal record over the previous five years. Due to the current Covid-19 situation, this process may take up to one month to complete.
- We will assist you with your work permit & visa application after the successful completion of the pre-employment screen.
If you have general questions about the position or the application process, you may contact: Nola Di at email@example.com.
Westlake University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all backgrounds and all countries.