- Address China, Zhejiang, Hangzhou, Xihu, 龙山街云栖小镇石西湖大学
- Qualification Bachelors
- Apply Before Open until filled
Category: Administrative Professional
Location: Yunqi, Hangzhou, CN
Employment Type: Full-time
Westlake University is a new type of non-profit research-oriented university supported by public and private funding. It is a vanguard in higher education reform in China and is established with the approval of the Ministry of Education of China.
With the aim to become a world-class research and education institution, the university is committed to attracting the globally leading professors, developing state-of-the-art disciplines, cultivating world-class talents, and making fundamental discoveries. Westlake University has three schools: School of Life Sciences (covering all branches of modern experimental biology, computational biology, and all branches of medical sciences), School of Science (covering mathematics, physics, chemistry, and emerging fields of sciences), and School of Engineering (covering all branches of engineering).
Position: Executive Deputy Director, Office of International Affairs
Category: Professional Administrative
Full-time / Part-time: Full-time
Location: Hangzhou, China
1. Lead the Office in all aspects; develop and implement strategic planning for the university international collaboration; formulate the relevant regulations on international collaboration;
2. Establish international collaboration networks; expand international partnerships;
3. Advance the development of international education programs; assist in the implementation and administration of partnership projects;
4. Administer the university foreign affairs;
5. Develop office workflow and information technology infrastructure to accommodate increased demands as the university grows;
6. Propose and manage efforts to advance internationalization at the university;
7. Lead programs and activities for university faculty, staff, and students promoting international awareness and understanding;
8. Complete tasks assigned by university leaders.
1. Embracing the philosophy, mission, vision, and value of Westlake University;
2. Familiarity with the trends and best practices of international higher education; good research skills;
3. Multicultural awareness and fluency in both Chinese and English;
4. Postgraduate degree; at least eight years of relevant work experience at institutes of higher education or research institutions;
5. Excellent leadership, organizational, and management skills.
Compensation and Benefit:
Westlake University offers an internationally competitive compensation package, which will be determined by the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment and send it to [email protected].
Application deadline: Open until filled
Please note: Due to the sheer volume of applications we receive for each job opening, we are not able to reach out to every applicant, we will contact applicants who meet the selection criteria and have a potential fit for the role.
Westlake University is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals of all ethnic backgrounds and from all countries.