- Address 718 East Haizhou Rd., Haining, Zhejiang
- Qualification PhD
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Department/School Website zjui.intl.zju.edu.cn
The ZJU-UIUC Institute is the engineering college on the Zhejiang University (ZJU) International Campus in China, which is established jointly by the partnership of Zhejiang University-University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2016. The ZJU-UIUC Institute offers undergraduate and graduate degrees (Master and PhD) in civil & environmental engineering, computer engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, and mechanical engineering. Classes and student activities are conducted in English.
The institute conducts teaching and multidisciplinary research in broad program themes of Engineering Sciences for Devices and Applied Materials, Information and Data Science, Energy, Environment, and Sustainable Development. Applications are welcome from relevant computer, electrical and electronic, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, physics and mathematics science disciplines. The Institute has interests that address but are not limited to interdisciplinary topics exemplified by Computer and Digital Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, System and Networking, Intelligent Transportation System, Environmental Sustainability, Intelligent Manufacturing, Biomechanics, Control, Power and Energy, Robotics, Materials Science and Engineering.
The Science Fund Program for Distinguished Young Scholars of the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Overseas) aims to attract and encourage outstanding young scholars from overseas (including foreign scholars) who have made achievements in natural science, engineering and technology to carry out innovative research in their own choice of research direction in China.
1. 1 to 3 million yuan.
2. Duration of funding: 3 years
1. Compliance with the laws and regulations of China; having good research ethics, and being good practitioner of the spirit of science.
2. Born after Jan 1. 1983 (inclusive).
3. A PhD degree in relevant areas.
4. Research in the field of life science, engineering and information etc.
5.Having obtained a formal teaching or research position in an overseas university, research institution, or corporate R&D institution, and worked for more than 36 consecutive months before March 15, 2023. For those who have obtained a doctorate degree overseas and have particularly outstanding performance, the limitation of work experience may be appropriately relaxed.
6.Having obtained achievements of scientific research or technology recognized by peer experts and having the potential to become an academic leader or outstanding talent in related field.
Work and Living Conditions
- Academic environment: Enjoying the top academic reputation of Zhejiang University, open and inclusive research environment and international education conditions built by a collegial internationalized faculty.
- Career development: A tenure-track position of Zhejiang University; Potential joint appointment of our partnering university (University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign) after evaluation.
- Remuneration and benefits: Annual salary starting from a half million yuan in line with qualifications, plus benefits.
- Research support: Start-up fund from 4 million yuan (including grant by NSFC) in line with qualifications, plus strong support for allocation of doctor/master students and postdoctoral recruitment quota. A bilingual campus with international efficient administrative and service structure.
- Housing arrangement: Rental of fully furnished apartment，or purchase of an on-campus Hainashire townhouse/apartment.
- Other support: Enrollment of children in preferred local schools, and assistance in seeking employment opportunities for spouse. Fine medical services provided by the two branch sections of the affiliated hospitals of ZJU in the neighborhood.
How to apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit a PDF CV to the contact by February 20, 2023. We will contact the eligible applicants and follow up on your application.
Ms. Sara GOU
+86 571 87572520