- Qualification Masters
- Apply Before Open Until Filled
Job Posting Details
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Guangzhou), (“HKUST(GZ)”), was officially approved by the Ministry of Education of People’s Republic of China to enter the preparatory status in September 2019. Located in Nansha, Guangzhou, the campus covers 1.13 square kilometers and the first phase of construction is expected to be completed by September 2022. At steady state, the number of undergraduate and postgraduate students will reach a total of 10,000. Under the “Unified HKUST, Complementary Campuses” framework, the intended areas of focus in HKUST(GZ) will be thematic and cross-disciplinary in nature, synergistic with HKUST, a world-renowned international research university with innovation in her DNA. There will be four Academic Hubs (equivalent to schools) with 16 Thrust Areas (equivalent to departments).
The appointee will provide timely and accurate information and analyses to support senior management in their data-driven analytics and insight, academic planning and evidence-based decision making, including monitoring progress on achieving HKUST(GZ)’s Strategic Plan, and evaluation of institutional effectiveness. Major duties include:
- Participate in university-wide planning processes including data collection and analysis to support monitoring of progress of strategic plan and initiatives;
- Analyse trends and developments in the higher education sector in the Greater Bay Area and overseas;
- Collect data to conduct institutional benchmarking and comparative studies;
- Work with units across HKUST(GZ), and coordinate the external reporting of institutional data to relevant authorities, in the form of a series of statistics that cover student, staff, research grants and finance;
- Work with counterparts in the Clear Water Bay campus to provide data for international ranking purposes, and ensure that reported data conform to the definitions and regulations stipulated by the respective agencies; and
- Work collaboratively with all units of HKUST(GZ) and senior management to provide feasible business intelligence, employing best practices in predictive analytics to provide valuable and precise data for evidence-based decision making.
- A master’s degree or above in data analytics, statistics, mathematics or a related field with at least 3 years of solid experience, preferably in a statistical role in an educational / professional environment;
- Administrative and management experience in the tertiary education sector, and preferably in PG education and administration in an international research university;
- Leadership and consensus building skills;
- Excellent ability to collect, compile, analyse and disseminate information for institutional planning and decision making;
- Strong ability to design, conduct, obtain and analyse various feedback using statistical methods, as well as to plan, implement, evaluate and report activities conducted; and
- Be able to communicate effectively in writing and prepare electronic documents.
This is a Mainland appointment, and the appointee will be offered a contract by HKUST Mainland entity in accordance with the Mainland labor laws and regulations. Starting salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
In support of a green work environment, we accept applications submitted online only. To apply, please register and log in via this link: https://sc.hotjob.cn/wt/HKUSTGZ/web/index and search for the opening by Job ID or Job Title. Applicants should include a Resume in their applications, and could check their application status via the recruitment website. We thank applicants for their interest but advise only shortlisted candidates will be notified of the result of the application.
(Information provided by applicants will be used for recruitment and other employment-related purposes only.)
HKUST (GZ) is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to our core values of inclusiveness, diversity, and respect.