- Address 718 East Haizhou Rd., Haining, Zhejiang
- Qualification PhD
- Discipline Science & Engineering
- Department/School Website zjui.intl.zju.edu.cn
The Zhejiang University/University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Institute (the ZJU-UIUC Institute) invites highly qualified candidates for multiple tenure-track faculty positions at all levels and in areas of engineering and science that match its multidisciplinary mission.
The ZJU-UIUC Institute is an engineering college on the new Zhejiang University (ZJU) International Campus, China, about 120km southwest of Shanghai. The ZJU-UIUC Institute conducts teaching and multidisciplinary research in broad program themes of Engineering Sciences for Devices and Applied Materials, Data and Information Sciences, Energy, Environment, and Sustainable Systems Sciences. Undergraduate and graduate degrees (Master and PhD) are offered in computer engineering, electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, and civil & environmental engineering. Classes and student activities are conducted in English. Candidates should have exceptional academic record or demonstrate strong potential in the cutting-edge research areas of engineering and science multidisciplinary technologies.
Applications are particularly encouraged from candidates whose interests address interdisciplinary topics exemplified by Computer and Digital Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, System and Networking, Intelligent Transportation System, Internets of things, Advanced Communication, Environmental Sustainability, Intelligent Manufacturing, Biomechanics, Control, Power and Energy, Robotics, Materials Science and Engineering.
Successful candidates will initiate and lead collaborative research and perform academic and professional service duties associated with the ZJU-UIUC Institute. They will be leaders for teaching and research innovation, giving students a meaningful and interactive engineering education.
- Researcher Scientist candidates must have earned doctorate, excellent academic credentials, strong research plans, and an outstanding ability to teach effectively. Additional industry, post-doctoral, professional service, or internship experiences are preferred.
- Assistant professor candidates must have the potential to become leaders in relevant discipline, including winners of Research Fund of International Young Scientist, Cheung Kong Young Scholar, Science Fund for Outstanding Youth or equivalent. Additional working experience in academia in the top-level universities worldwide are preferred.
- Mid-career candidates must be established leaders in their field; exhibit strong records of teaching, publication, and funded research; and demonstrate participation in interdisciplinary collaborations.
- Senior appointments are available for persons of international stature seeking to build substantial interdisciplinary research and teaching programs.
Faculty at the institute will serve as Adjunct faculty in University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC).
Compensation and benefits: Salary and research initiation support will be commensurate with qualifications and competitive with international norms, including housing benefits.
The search process will continue until positions are filled or through Dec 31st, 2023. Application materials should include a cover letter with current contact information including email address, a complete curriculum vitae, statements of research and teaching goals, and a list of at least three references, including names, affiliations, and email addresses. Please submit applications at https://zjui.intl.zju.edu.cn/login?return_url=/apply/teacher or email to: email@example.com. For more information, please visit http://zjui.zju.edu.cn for job opportunities.
ZJU and UIUC are renowned for their engineering programs, and have a long history of collaboration. The ZJU-UIUC Institute creates a unique student experience of multidisciplinary collaboration, technical leadership, teamwork, and creative excellence. Individuals with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and ideas who embrace and value diversity and inclusivity are encouraged to apply and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, national origin, disability, age, or other personal characteristics.
Contact Person: Xiaoshan (Sara) Gou | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or +86 (571) 8757 2520